Just like family, but better.
For being new parents with no family on the west coast, we decided a doula would be of great help. Christina was very helpful and supportive in dealing with all the new aspects of having a baby. She obviously loves babies and we had complete trust in her with our tiny human!
When we moved to Tacoma in 2016, I lost my joy. Usually, I can talk to anyone, but I found myself having the hardest time making new friends in my mid-30s. My children were older when we moved, but I can only imagine how hard it would be to go through such big changes with a newborn in the house.
That’s why I do what I do.
A new baby is a big change, whether this is your first child or your fourth. With my professional training and decade of experience, I provide the active and non-judgmental support you need to adjust to your new normal and feel like yourself faster.
I do more than just hold babies, though obviously I love that part! My suite of services is specifically designed to wrap your family in love and care, from the first contractions to that first good night’s sleep.
- My Birthing from Within classes prepare you and your partner physically, emotionally, and relationally for the next stage of your life.
- If you are planning for a water birth, I can deliver, set up, and disassemble a birth tub so you can focus on your birth experience instead of logistics.
- I offer postpartum doula support packages, including overnight stays and care for multiples so you can get some much-needed rest and develop a healthy, functional routine for your family.
- To support the physical and emotional recovery of the birthing parent, I provide placenta encapsulation and bengkung belly binding.
- My newest service, postpartum meal preparation, stocks your kitchen with nutritious food for the whole family and takes the hassle of meal planning off your plate. 😉
I’m a parent, just like you.
I have been fascinated by the birth process since I was eleven years old, though I did not go through the process myself until a bit later! Raising my two daughters, who are only 16 months apart, has been the most fulfilling and rewarding thing I’ve ever done.
But it’s not always easy.
I was diagnosed with cancer during my first pregnancy, and we completely changed our eating habits because of that. I know firsthand how important food is for our bodies and souls. I am so grateful for the support of my husband, family, and friends, who helped me become the (mostly) calm, confident, mama I am today.
…with a few extra qualifications!
- Infant CPR and First Aid, ongoing and up to date
- Doula Nutrition Academy, 2021
- Miscarriage & Newborn Loss, 2021
- Manhattan Birth — Integrative Lactation & Feeding Specialist Programme, 2021
- Pandemic Doula Training, 2020
- Newborn Care Solutions — Foundational Training for Newborn Care Specialist, 2020
- GOLD Tongue Tie Symposium, 2020
- Manhattan Birth — Breastfeeding Basics for Doulas, 2015
Birthing From Within
- Doula and Mentor, 2011-2018
- Birth Art Educator, 2012
- Introduction in Birthing From Within Educator and Doula Training, 2011
International Placenta & Postpartum Association
- Postpartum Doula Training, Dec 2015
- Postpartum Training, Feb 2015
- Placenta Encapsulation Training, Feb 2015
- Advanced Placenta and Postpartum Recovery Techniques, October 2013
- Placenta Encapsulation Training, April 2013
Let's prepare for your birth and beyond.
My calendar fills quickly and I’m often booking 6-9 months out. If you want warm, non-judgmental support from me during your birth and postpartum recovery, contact me today!