Want to preserve your physical and mental health after your baby arrives?
The arrival of a new baby is a joyful and beautiful time, especially if you’ve waited a long time for this day.
But it can also be overwhelming and even a little scary.
Your body will need to heal while you have to take care of another human 24/7. (Whose body is also changing wildly fast!)
A brand new person will join your family, affecting all the existing relationships.
You’ll have to navigate different routines and roles.
And you have to do it all without a whole lot of sleep!
Good news: You don’t have to do it alone.
How Puget Sound Birth helps the whole family
- As a postpartum doula, I can provide sleep support for the birthing parent and partners, help the newborn find a feeding and sleeping routine, lend a listening ear to help process emotions, and tend to other household needs.
- I am trained by Doula Nutrition Academy to prepare nutritious meals on a budget that support postpartum recovery.
- If you are planning for a water birth, our birth tub rental service includes delivery, full set-up, and teardown so your family can have one less thing to worry about before your home birth.
- My childbirth and newborn care classes help you and your partner bond emotionally, prepare for the experience of birth, and learn how to care for your new little human.
- I also provide bengkung belly binding and placenta encapsulation services to support your physical and emotional recovery after birth.
Meet Christina Mensah
Hey, I’m Christina (she/her) and I’m so excited about your birth and parenthood journey! I hope your pregnancy has been easy (maybe even pleasant, if you’re one of the lucky ones!), but I know that it can often be difficult, which can make the last months and weeks leading up to birth a stressful, anxious time. It doesn’t have to be this way. Becoming a parent can be a beautiful journey, and I’m here to help make that a reality for you and your family.
Birth and Postpartum Services
Click to learn more about Puget Sound Birth’s service offerings.
Christina is an absolute gem. I don’t know what we would have done without her. Her knowledge and compassion for Mom’s (and Dads!) and babies is bar none. She helps you feel super comfortable, is never judgmental and supports you as you glide, or stumble, into parenthood.
I knew one of my biggest struggles postpartum would be meals, and this service sounded perfect. Everything was healthy and made to easily preheat, and I didn’t have to worry about what I was putting in my body. I trust Christina and knew that she would prepare wonderful meals for me. This meal service is absolutely wonderful and I recommend it to all of my pregnant friends!